As I was standing at the carousel I saw a case come past with this zipped nylon cover.
I had never really noticed these before so I was intrigued and did a bit of research.
Typically they cost between $25 and $35.
The retailers say ‘They provide your luggage with the ultimate level of protection and being water resistant you don’t have to worry about an unexpectedly rainy day ruining your belongings.“
Five reasons why I won’t be buying one
- I buy waterproof luggage, without zips so water isn’t a problem.
- I never have anything in my checked luggage I’m not prepared to lose.
- The cover material doesn’t look as resistant to damage as my luggage so everything is going to look scruffy quickly . . . . unless I keep spending more money on more covers.
- Although it may stop scratches its unlikely to be strong enough to protect the luggage from drops and hitting hard edges.
- I actually think a few marks on your suitcase are expected if you are a regular traveller.